Ways You Can Help
It’s time to turn outrage into action. From sharing your story to donating funds, there are so many ways you can support and protect LGBTQ+ families.
Support the organizations that made this resource possible
Many of the helpful tools mentioned throughout this resource come from reputable organizations working on the frontlines of the fight for equality.
- Family Equality advances lived and legal equality for current and future LGBTQ+ families.
- CenterLink strengthens, supports, and connects LGBTQ+ community centers.
- COLAGE unites people with one or more LGBTQ+ parent into a network of peers and supports them as they nurture and empower eachother.
- GLTBQ+ Legal Advocates and Defenders (GLAD) works in New England and nationally to create a just society from of discrimination based on gender identity and expression, HIV status, and sexual orientation.
- The Equality Federation accelerates advocacy in the LGBTQ+ community.
- Gender Spectrum works to create gender sensitive and inclusive environments for all children and teens.
- Lambda Legal is the oldest and largest national legal organization whose mission is to achieve full recognition of civil rights for LGBTQ+ people and everyone living with HIV.
- The Movement Advancement Project (MAP) provides research, insight, and communications that help speed equality and opportunity for all.
- The National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) is a national legal organization committed to advancign the civil and human rights of LGBTQ+ people and their families.
- PFLAG is the first and largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and families.
- The Transgender Law Center changes law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.
- The Trevor Project focuses on suicide prevention efforts among LGBTQ+ youth.
Reproductive Rights Organizations
- Abortion Care Network is the national association for independent community-based, abortion care providers and their allies.
- Abortion on Demand is designed to get abortion pills to people who need them as quickly and as safely as possible.
- Apiary for Practical Support provides operational, programmatic, and community support tailored to the particularities, complexities, and concerns of abortion access practical support organizations.
- The Brigid Alliance is a referral-based service that provides people seeking abortions with travel, food, lodging, child care, and other logistical support.
- Connect & Breathe creates a safe space to talk about abortion experiences.
- Indigenous Women Rising is committed to honoring Native & Indigenous People’s inherent right to equitable and culturally safe health options.
- ineedanA is the largest, most up-to-date resource for people seeking abortions in the US.
- The Miscarriage and Abortion Hotline is a confidential, private, and secure phone and text hotline for people in need of support for self-managed miscarriage or abortion.
- The National Abortion Federation Hotline operates the largest national, toll-free, multi-lingual hotline for abortion referrals and financial assistance.
- The National Network of Abortion Funds builds power with members to remove financial and logistical barriers to abortion access.
- Plan C provides up-to-date information on how people in the US are accessing at-home abortion pill options online.
- The Repro Legal Helpline has attorneys and advocates providing legal information and support to people navigating complex laws in order to self-determine their reproductive lives.
- The Reprocare Healthline supports people having abortions with pills at home.
- We Testify is an organization dedicated to the leadership and representation of people who have abortions.